Some Reviews...

 Hey Bookfriends!

I have been working on some quick reviews to catch up on my NetGalley backlist. I am going to add my recent reviews here so that it is easier to catch up. Individual reviews that I share on my Bookstagram will be shared separately throughout the weekend. I hope that you  enjoy them and possibly find your next read!



✨️ Book Review ✨️

𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞: Text Appeal 

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫: Amber Roberts

𝐏𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫: Alcove Press

𝐀𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫: CJ Bloom

𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐲: Recorded Books

𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐋𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐡: 9 hours 5 minutes, 336 pages


𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐡𝐚𝐬:

Friends to Lovers

FMC in STEM / Artist MMC

Slow Burn

Love Triangle (sort of)

Secret Identity 

LGBTQIA Rep


𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬: 

This book had so much potential but really fell flat to me. I love reading books with women in STEM but Lark’s avoidance to hold the misogynist, sexist men in the office accountable for the sexual harassment, really was upsetting. She did not have to accept what had happened and how she was wrongly fired from her job. It was infuriating!

Her transition into sext working just didn’t feel realistic/believable, especially with her inexperience. Because of that, I felt so much of this book was on the cringy side. I really didn’t connect with the characters and the relationship just fell flat. I did feel the friendship part of the relationship but Lark & Toby seemed to lack the chemistry for a romantic relationship. I really wish this was Dual POV so that we could get to know Toby better. I really wanted to love them. 

I did love the book cover- the main reason I grabbed this book. There were some funny parts of her sexting career but overall, it was an ok read/listen.

🎧 I grabbed the audiobook from Libby to do an immersive read. I do feel that reading along with this audio did make this more enjoyable. CJ Bloom did a great job narrating this book. 

𝐂𝐖: Sexual Harassment in the workplace, Misogyny, Sexism



✨️ Book Review ✨️


𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞: The Re-Do List 

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫:Denise Williams 

𝐏𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫: Berkley

𝐀𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫: Teddy Hamilton & January LaVoy

𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐲: PRH Audio

𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐋𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐡:10h 50m, 400 pages


𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐡𝐚𝐬:

Brother’s Best Friend

Forced Proximity

Friends to Lovers

Second Chance For Love

Forbidden Romance

Slow Burn

Bucket List (of Re-do’s) 


𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬: 

This book is so good! I love a good bucket list and Willow certainly deserved some re-do’s after her public break up. Deacon is a reformed playboy who is just looking for a second chance for a life that he doesn’t know he wants. Both have obstacles to overcome and tackling the re-do list together helped them both.


It’s a Dual POV with lots of banter, great character growth and a fantastic found family group.I loved that Deacon pushed Willow to find herself before jumping into another relationship. 


🎧 Teddy Hamilton is my favorite MMC Narrator and as always did a fantastic job! January is a “new-to-me” narrator. She brought so much emotion to Willow’s character and her story. They were a perfect team bringing this book to life! This was an immersive read for me and I loved every minute of it! 


Thank you to @prhaudio & @berkleyromance for the free #gifted copies of this book. All opinions are my own. #BerkleyPartner #BerkleyRomance #PRHAudio #PRHPartner 


Happy Reading!
~Shannon